Sender:skipsteuart
Date/Time:2006-May-13 12:15:00
Subject:Re: H.264 works with QuickTime 7.1

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: H.264 works with QuickTime 7.1 skipsteuart 2006-May-13 12:15:00
--- In #removed#, "Bert Vierstra" <vierstra@...> wrote:

> I have got them, but the difference in color is quite large, so I
> wonder if they really are converted and under the exact same
> conditions...(and the color balance of both of them is way off.)
>
> Also I don't know anything yet about the shooting equipment yet...
>
> Please Skip?

I used the same image (45 MB 16bit Photoshop) and had Cubic Converter produce 2 different
QTVRs.  All setttings were the same except for the compression used: JPEG photo or H264.
The color would probably be more consistent if I had first converted the image to 8 bit.

The images were captured using a Canon 5D with a 15mm Canon fisheye on a Precision 360
head.  I did a little HDR processing in Photoshop, so that probably threw off the color balance
a little.