Sender:skipsteuart
Date/Time:2006-Jul-08 02:15:00
Subject:Re: Entry comments

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Entry comments skipsteuart 2006-Jul-08 02:15:00
--- In #removed#, Markus Altendorff <yahoo.mail@...> wrote:
> As much as i like the idea, we currently do not have the
> backend configuration on the public server to make it work
> directly inside the WWP

I'm very happy with the current WWP format, but everything can be improved so.....

I've recently become addicted to Flickr.com , and I think that is the perfect model for
adding interactivity to the wwp site.  I wish I could leave comments and interact with the
panos the way I can with pictures on Flickr.  A Flickr style WWP site would let me add
panos that I like to a "favorites" list, and I could also add comments to panos.  I like
Flickr's ability to count the number of views on my pictures, and also track which of my
pictures other people like.  Wouldn't it be nice to see which panos are considered the most
interesting?

Because Flickr is owned by Yahoo, and this group is in yahoo, maybe Flickr & Yahoo would
be interested in some form of collaboration to add these capabilities to WWP.

If you haven't looked at Flicker lately check out my page or Flickr's main page below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/omnidirectional/
http://www.flickr.com/