Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2006-Jul-17 22:55:00
Subject:Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: new promotional possibility - Fullscreen QTVR site Carl von Einem 2006-Jul-17 22:55:00
Posted by: "Hans Nyberg"

> May I remind Yuval, Caroling and all the others who seems to believe
> that this is something new and against the rules that the idea of
> fullscreenQTVR has been there all the time and if you have read the
> rules which I suppose you have before submission you have long ago
> agreed on it

I don't think Caroling's, Yuv's and others' thoughts are fetched too
far. (oops, that was a germanism, was it?)

> You are offered a promotion from a site which normally should cost
> thousands of dollars for free and all you do is starting complaining
> about things you obviously has no understanding on. Shame on you.

Sorry Hans, but this reminds me of a JS style of making others belief
that your own hidden interests are theirs. Shame on you. That site is
directly connected to your economical interests.

> I can not see any stats on the WWP but I can see how many visitors I
> have received at my own site from my 10 pages at the WWP.
> During all 2006 until now I have had only 52 visitors, My guess most of
> them come from other people participating.

You make money from clicks to your site(s) and want to push the wwp
community in a direction most of those are not really interested in.

> You need promotion if the idea with WWP to promote VR should have any
> meaning

This other page doesn't seem to promote VR itself or the wwp as a
special site, it has no special function to get a better access by
keywords (and if, that should be done on the wwp site itself)

> The big problem with WWP is that people arrive to the frontpage. They
> do not get the "Kick" of arriving directly to a fullscreen which gives
> them real impression of whats this is all about.

No problem to link to a special page directly (QTVR with full caption
and option to see a fullscreen version for broadband visitors), there is
even a short version for the link.

> As the fullscreens are set up now there are several ways to continue
> directly from each fullscreen

Only our visitors will miss the caption. You seem to only hunt for the
spectacular images, some of us care for the complete content including
the story that comes with the picture.

> And the thumbnails at fullscreenQTVR give people a very impressive and
> inviting interface.

Economic vs. artistic interests. The interface is also intersting for
those who want to present their artistic work, but the proposed
interface is just a bunch of thumbnails. I love WWP's globe view and I
care to surf the List with better thumbnails and short information.

The wwp how it is now is very interesting even for those professional
panographers who focus on their regional market.

I once had the chance to make some marketing combined with the shooting
for my submission and told you all in advance
(see http://tinyurl.com/fuqyt ) on this list about it
(Energy: http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp_rss/go/n1470 )
I can post the audio files for those who are interested and understand
German. I was interviewed live on air and what did you do? When I
arrived at the studio they asked me if I knew some strange guy from
denmark. You Hans contacted them directly and tried to hijack my efforts
for your own commercial interests. Thanks, Hans!

I don't think this new portal site is in the interest of the wwp "heart
and soul".

Carl