Sender:roger_d_williams
Date/Time:2006-Oct-06 06:56:00
Subject:Re: Unnecessary Reformatting

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Unnecessary Reformatting roger_d_williams 2006-Oct-06 06:56:00
Further to my previous note (below) I see it's even a little odder
than I thought. To delete the previous image, it says to click OK but
there is no "OK" button, only "Upload." Clicking upload without
selecting a file to upload is apparently what is required to start
all over again. However, after doing so, I still got the "needs
rescaling/compression" message when I upload a file that meets the
requirements posted... Perhaps this is because the original file had
not been actually deleted by then? Anyway, it looks as if this needs
a little attention when the current rush is over...

Roger

--- In #removed#, "roger_d_williams" <roger@...> wrote:

> I noticed that image of the photographer is limited to a JPEG under
> 40k and 150 pixels vertically, 100 horizontally. I prepared an
image
> that meets these requirements and was surprised to read that it
> needed reformatting and to be asked to check that the quality was
OK.
> It wasn't. It was hard enough to get something looking reasonable
> within the 150 x 100 limit, but the reformatting makes it
essentially
> unrecognisable. Could the formatting either be performed according
> the written instructions or, if not, could the written instructions
> be modified so that by conforming with them I can avoid
reformatting?