Sender:centreofengland
Date/Time:2006-Oct-12 05:21:00
Subject:Re: Video addition to my Transport entry.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Video addition to my Transport entry. centreofengland 2006-Oct-12 05:21:00
--- In #removed#, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

> centreofengland wrote:
> My additional info page :
>
> > http://www.absolutelyandy.com/derbyphotos/wwp/906/
> > <http://www.absolutelyandy.com/derbyphotos/wwp/906/>
> >
> > On this page I have added a 360 photo viewer that will work on
all systems as it does not need Quicktime or Java.

> What viewer is this?  it appears to display your panorama fully,
but
> uses only about 50% of my G5 Mac's screen area (firefox), the rest
is
> black. Pressing F11 causes the entire image to vanish off-screen;
> neither do I see any X on the top right corner (I imagine you use
Windows).

Hi, Its not a dedicated viewer, its one I made up using javascript.
I made it because the main problem with Quicktime is you have to
download 19Mb of software, this is ok for us people that are into
360 photography as we know we have to but most people (general
public) are put off by such things.
Likewise viewers that use Java (applets) do not work in Windows XP
as JavaVM no longer comes free with windows (like it did with 98) so
yet again you have to donwload Java (upto 16Mb).
Because of these problems I created my 360 viewer that works without
having to install anything at all. OK it may not look snazzy, you
can't zoom and it can't auto resize to fit the screen resolution BUT
it works in the 8 browsers I have tried.
With regard to the 50% of screen area on a Mac, I guess this is
because you have a high res screen? Did the viewer work though?

Thanks
Andy