Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2006-Oct-30 22:15:00
Subject:Re: Press-release

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Press-release Landis 2006-Oct-30 22:15:00
At 13:24 -0500 10/29/2006, Francis Fougere wrote:
>I didn't mean to put any additional work on our hosts plate. They have
>enough getting the site up and running and maintained every quarter. Thanks
>again Don, Landis, Kat, Markus, and Thomas for a great job well done. I
>appreciate all your work.

Don and I have been holding off on Press Releases for two reasons.

One is that some of the more grand ones have taken *quite* a bit of time.

Two is that the time that Apple linked to us almost killed the
network in the Earth Sciences building where the server is housed.
They couldn't even print!

The network in that building has been undergoing some upgrades over
the last couple of months, but I'm not sure if it's done.  This
doesn't mean that we want to keep the project under wraps, just that
we've got to be careful about popularity until we're sure that the
network can handle it. (FYI, this has NOT been the issue with the
server going down lately - that's something to do with OSX/Apache and
we hope it's been resolved).

But actually a lack of time has been the main reason.  We have a lot
of very talented people in our group and we would really appreciate
the help in crafting some good press releases, in multiple languages.
If anyone can help us, now or in the future, please email the admins
off-list with some ideas - #removed#

-Landis