Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2007-Apr-07 18:39:00
Subject:Re: Atmosphere

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Atmosphere G. Donald Bain 2007-Apr-07 18:39:00
On Apr 7, 2007, at 10:00 AM, jean-guy lathuili?re wrote:
> Is there any special theme for the contest you were speaking
> about,  any special rules for participation ?

Jean-Guy (and everyone),

No theme, but lots of rules. :-)

Basically it must be a panorama, and taken by you. You can submit
panoramas either designed for printing (a picture on the wall), or
intended for interactive (computer) use. You can submit the same
panorama in both categories. You can enter up to four panoramas, and
there are lots of categories (landscape, cityscapes, etc.).

Most photo contests charge an entry fee. We are not doing that, but
you must be an IVRPA member. It only costs $25, and you get other
benefits from membership. See:
http://ivrpa.org/membership/join

We haven't really started to publicize this yet. Patrick Cheatham
will be organizing it, and he will be away on business for a while.
When he is back we will get the entry form and the rules finalized.
Current information is at:
http://conference.ivrpa.org/contest

I just wanted everyone to start thinking about what prize-wining
panoramas they might have, or intend to take. There are a lot of
panos on the WWP site that I think deserve recognition. We want to
keep the WWP non-competitive, so the IVRPA contest works well for this.

Winners will be announced at the International VR Photography
Conference in Berkeley on June 17. We hope to video-cast it, as well
as the keynote address.

Don