Sender:yuval levy
Date/Time:2007-Jul-05 15:00:00
Subject:RE: WWP on Linux!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: WWP on Linux! yuval levy 2007-Jul-05 15:00:00
Hi Markus,

--- Markus Altendorff <#removed#> wrote:
> Um, you do know that the Quicktime container data
> structure IS a documented standard (isn't it also
> approved by the ISO?) with books and such written
> about it? ;)

sure, it is very well documented. it is also extremely
well engineered. Probably over-engineered, since it
has to accomodate so many different things and not
just VR.

This makes it very complex to implement, and
complexity is time consuming. OpenSource projects
seldom have that much resources to deal with such
complexity.

> > it is a great experience: <http://www.ubuntu.com/>
>
> Me, i'm running my employer's internal mail server
> on an older G4 400 with Ubuntu Server on it.

oh, in the server-room Linux has been a viable choice
for the last ten years. This one is for the desktop -
and for those seeking the latest and the greatest:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w>

Yuv

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.