Sender:Richard Crowest
Date/Time:2007-Sep-04 10:00:00
Subject:Re: (Flash panoramas) (OT)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: (Flash panoramas) (OT) Richard Crowest 2007-Sep-04 10:00:00
> any cylindrical can be transformed into a spherical
> and then into an equirectangular, and flashpanoramas
> has tilt limits to avoid showing the black areas above
> and below the cylinder.
> Yuv

Unfortunately, it seems that flashpanoramas' tilt limits aren't the same as QTVR's - they just
stop the centre of the viewport from tilting above or below a given angle, and take no
account of the current field of view. That means that you either have to allow a large margin
that you can't zoom in on, restrict your zoom range quite severely, or put up with a black
void above and below the cylinder. PTViewer had the same problem. QTVR won't allow the
top or bottom edge of the viewport go beyond the desired angle, regardless of the current
field of view.

If someone could write a plug-in for flashpanoramas that mimicked the QTVR behaviour, I for
one would be very happy (and even prepared to stump up some cash...)! Maybe they already
have - I'm only just starting to play with flashpanoramas, as I think that way the future lies.

Sorry for straying so off topic. I am thinking about sustenance at the same time, honest!

Richard