Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2007-Sep-04 13:01:00
Subject:Re: (Flash panoramas) (OT)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: (Flash panoramas) (OT) Bjørn K Nilssen 2007-Sep-04 13:01:00
On 4 Sep 2007 at 10:00, Richard Crowest wrote:

> > any cylindrical can be transformed into a spherical
> > and then into an equirectangular, and flashpanoramas
> > has tilt limits to avoid showing the black areas above
> > and below the cylinder.
> > Yuv
>
> Unfortunately, it seems that flashpanoramas' tilt limits aren't the same as QTVR's - they just
> stop the centre of the viewport from tilting above or below a given angle, and take no
> account of the current field of view. That means that you either have to allow a large margin
> that you can't zoom in on, restrict your zoom range quite severely, or put up with a black
> void above and below the cylinder. PTViewer had the same problem. QTVR won't allow the
> top or bottom edge of the viewport go beyond the desired angle, regardless of the current
> field of view.
>
> If someone could write a plug-in for flashpanoramas that mimicked the QTVR behaviour, I for
> one would be very happy (and even prepared to stump up some cash...)! Maybe they already
> have - I'm only just starting to play with flashpanoramas, as I think that way the future lies.

Have you tried the Flash panoviewer from Immervision?
You have to buy the pack to make a Flash pano (ivp), but you could try it out with the
free Java viewers, which uses the same XML files and behaves exactly like the Flash
player AFAIK (except that the Pro Java player have some more bells and whistles).
I haven't tried them with limited tilt though.
--
Bj?rn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D