Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2007-Oct-05 17:25:00
Subject:Re: Re:location, address bar gone after link from Full-Screen

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Re:location, address bar gone after link from Full-Screen Caroling Geary 2007-Oct-05 17:25:00
On Oct 5, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Richard Crowest wrote:
>>  In Firefox, the new window does not have a toolbar
>> with location. I have made a button to show it. The button doesn't
>> work. Any clues?
>
> I may be wrong, but from what I can remember you can't modify most
> aspects of a window with JavaScript once it's been opened, except
> perhaps size and position. You can only specify the features for new
> window being opened by JavaScript.

Yes, I think you are right about  Firefox opening a tab rather than a
new window. However, I thought my javascript was asking for a new
window:
function unFullScreen() { window.open
('wwp9-07deerMoss.html','_self','toolbar=yes,location=yes,resizable=yes,
status=yes, scrollbars=auto');}

Maybe I could say newWindow.open or something? I tried substituting
_blank for _self, which had no effect.

Thanks for liking the lichens.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net