Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2007-Nov-10 12:47:00
Subject:Re: Space Panorama with 108 snapshots from Google Sky

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Space Panorama with 108 snapshots from Google Sky Caroling Geary 2007-Nov-10 12:47:00
This is really great. Thanks. I tried to make a celestial sphere in
cylindrical form years ago. Years before that I taped together pieces
of paper of the star maps and looked at the celestial sphere from the
outside. I bet astronomers would like this Google Earth version. And
astrologers could put the signs of the zodiac on it.

This perfect sphere gives the strange impression of being in the
center of a transparent earth.

Also strange is that I could not see the Flash and QTVR versions. The
Java and DevalVR versions loaded fine.

I wonder how Google likes it that all their copyrights are gone.

The Java form had a special feature coming from the sun. It looked
like it could be lens flare. Or a row of planets. ??

When I had the downloading problems I looked at the Safari activity
window and also couldn't understand some of the results. A yahoo
search performed?

I suppose I could figure out answers to these puzzles if I had time.
But... moving on. I haven't tried the kmz in Google Earth yet, but it
is cool that you provide it.

In Google Earth, you can switch from the earth view to the sky view
above. It might be interesting to provide sky views with our
panoramas as part of our data.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net