Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2008-Jan-30 12:48:00
Subject:Re: Next Event Theme?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Next Event Theme? Caroling Geary 2008-Jan-30 12:48:00
OK Yuv, that's color as a calibration problem between our machines. A
single color specified in machine language such as #ff0000 will look
different to the same person on different machines at the same time.
And even more different to different people in different lighting
conditions at different times of the day. And is there any way to
calibrate my head so I see the same as the perfectly color-calibrated
machine can see? Color is definitely elusive.

But color is part of every panorama. You can work with colors
relative to each other in a single work. So if you have a relatively
yellowish, relatively intense, relatively green hued tree over a
relatively brownish, dull ground, you produce an effect of new growth
of a living plant. Or, think about symbolic colors, such as the blue
and white of the United Nations flag. No matter how that blue differs
or how pure the white of the image, people recognize it.

Maybe color is too vague as a subject. But it certainly affects what
we do and how we communicate.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net