Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-23 16:43:00
Subject:Re: Globorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Globorama Yuval Levy 2008-May-23 16:43:00
#removed# wrote:
> Looking at this short movie, it looks like:
>
> 1. The projection space is cylindrical.
>
> 2. There isn't any web page navigation or information.

I confirm. I saw a similar project, with a much larger projection
surface, in Montreal last year. There are also projects going on to
project full spherical. If I recall correctly one of the big brand
parfume houses in Paris had a panodome installed. Panodomes are much
more suited for cubic/spherical VR.

> I might like to design something for a globaramaic space,
 > but I don't think my WWP content can be arbitrarily repurposed.

that's the conclusion I came to when I saw the Cyclorama (similar
principle as the globorama) and the Panodome.

Yuv