Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2008-Jun-08 20:00:00
Subject:Re: Similar video projection technology at 01SJ and Globarama?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Similar video projection technology at 01SJ and Globarama? Erik Krause 2008-Jun-08 20:00:00
On Sunday, June 08, 2008 at 11:54, VR Panographer wrote:

> Last night I visited the "Urban Observatory" displayed at Circle of Palms in
> San Jose, California, as part of "01SJ" digital art exhibiton, a Global
> Festival of Art on the Edge, and found out the "Observatory" utilizes the
> technology similar to KZM at Globamara.

There is nothing particularily new about the Globorama technology,
except perhaps the laser pointer navigation. Matthias Taugwalder had
a similar presentation of his summit panoramas in a swiss museum last
year. It was the highlight in an exhibition about the history of
panorama photography in switzerland (german):
http://www2.musee-suisse.ch/alpenpano/pics/presse/mm.pdf

The panotools meeting participants last year in lucerne had the
opportunity to visit this exhibition. Here images by Ian Wood of the
projection:
http://ianjameswood.co.uk/ptm-luzern/report/large-107.html
http://ianjameswood.co.uk/ptm-luzern/report/large-106.html

The big thing there where the VR goggles attached to binoculars that
showed a high resolution version of the exact place you looked at.
Here a circular version of the projection where you can see some
visitors use the goggles:
http://ianjameswood.co.uk/ptm-luzern/report/large-108.html

best regards
Erik Krause