Sender:Richard Crowest
Date/Time:2008-Jun-11 09:11:00
Subject:Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION Richard Crowest 2008-Jun-11 09:11:00
Caroling wrote:

> I mystified as to why your 8 shots overlapped and mine didn't, given
> we both had
> 35mm lens on a film camera.

Were there objects relatively close to the tower? I think the Coit
tower example only works because you're very high up and everything
that fits into the vertical field of view is a very long way off.
Because your shooting position is a way out from the centre of the
panorama circle, there'll be blind spots close to the tower - the
fields of view won't start to overlap until a certain distance away (I
hope that makes sense).

My first Wrinkle shots were taken with the same camera and lens, just
mounted landscape on a standard tripod (ten years ago this March - http://www.hotspotshawaii.com/wrinkleintime/wrinkle2/wrinkle/crowest2.ht...
  ). Pano stitching software was murderously expensive back then, and
so I just had to cobble things together in Photoshop - not fun!
Thankfully I've learned a bit since then, largely thanks to groups
like this one.

Richard