Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2008-Jul-04 18:14:00
Subject:Re: elevation AGL in .kml files

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: elevation AGL in .kml files Yahoo Account 2008-Jul-04 18:14:00
Hi Gary,

yes, that's because there's (currently) no way to store the placemark height-above-ground in the database. While there's a free-text field for "human-readable" height information, the record fields date back to when only lat/lon was used in Google Earth. The missing field for GE placemark height is sort of a "legacy limitation". Sorry!

-Markus