Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2004-Aug-12 13:06:00
Subject:Re: A problem?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: A problem? Hans Nyberg 2004-Aug-12 13:06:00
on 12/08/04 14:38, Rodolpho Pajuaba #removed# wrote:

> Works fine under WinXP Pro+ Mozilla 1.7/QT 6 - BTW, beautiful place,
> shot in a beautiful time of the day.
> I don?t know if it?s only me, but in low VFoV cilinders I use to zoom in
> a little, to avoid the sensation of restriction to look up and down.
> Wouldn?t it be better if these panos loaded zoomed-in already, to avoid
> this semi-claustrophobic vision? Just a thought.

Alex fullscreen pages do not work in Safari and perhaps also other browsers.
This is because the move to screen size is placed in the link which opens
the page.
Use a  javascript in the head of the fullscreen page like this instead.

<script language="JAVASCRIPT">
<!--
window.moveTo(0,0);
window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight);
window.focus();
//-->
</script>

My opinion is opposite
I always  try to set low FOV cylinders zoomed all the way out.
There is no up and down viewing in a 50-70 FOV cylinder.
The panning is much easier when the pano is zoomed all the way out.
Remember that they have to be set to a resolution that corresponds to at
least a1600x1200 screen
You would have to make a cylinder  in a size of  2000x10000 pixels not to
get pixelation at the initial view.
And you will have no extra zooming in at all.
It is much better to set it  zoomed all the way out as this  will provide
some resolution for zooming in.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer