Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2009-May-10 23:49:00
Subject:Re: Nikon 2.8/10,5 Sigma 3.5/8 or Tokina 10-17 ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nikon 2.8/10,5 Sigma 3.5/8 or Tokina 10-17 ? Hans Nyberg 2009-May-10 23:49:00
On 10/05/2009, at 22.39, Alex Makienko wrote:

> I use Nikkor 2.8/10.5 for 5 years. My personal opinion - good lens
> for interior panos but not the best for landscape ones. While
> shooting panos with low sun you have to do a second shot with
> "masked" sun otherwise you may get a huge yellow-blue flare almost
> in the center of the frame which is almost impossible to remove.
> Shooting with a rear filter may increase flares dramatically even
> in an interior - rear lens surface is almost flat so any reflection
> "jumps" many times between lens and rear filter until it comes out
> of sight, so you'll have a lot of fun editing flares in FS. :-)

You might need to clean your lens.
The Nikkor 10,5mm has very little flare compared to many standard
rectilinear lenses.
I have done a lot of panos with direct sun with it and never seen it.
It is almost as good as the Canon 15mm

But like all very short lenses it is extremely sensitive to slightest
amount of dust grease, fingerprint etc on the lens.
And avoid stopping down too much. The 10,5mm has its best performance
at 4-5.6

Hans

Hans Nyberg
Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>
Features Fullscreen Panoramas from the best VR Photographers in the
World
email:  #removed#