Sender:Alex Makienko
Date/Time:2009-May-11 00:00:00
Subject:Re: Nikon 2.8/10,5 Sigma 3.5/8 or Tokina 10-17 ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nikon 2.8/10,5 Sigma 3.5/8 or Tokina 10-17 ? Alex Makienko 2009-May-11 00:00:00
Hans,

C'mon! Do you think I'm a rookie? ;-) Please be sure that having 30+ years in serious photography (including professionsl one) and being MS in physics (you probably know that optics is the part of physics) I know how to keep lens clean.

For your information: Flares shaped like spots, polygons and somethong like that are NEVER caused by grease, fingerprints, scratches etc. These defects cause parasitic beams, star-like spots, additional lighting and anything else BUT spots and flares. I hope I do not need to refer to a fundamental optics to confirm that. Please just trust my experience in physics (and optics particulary) and photography.

Sorry and Best Regards,
Alex