Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Dec-30 07:52:00
Subject:Re: Three and a half days to go, join the Best Of 2009!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Three and a half days to go, join the Best Of 2009! Yahoo Account 2009-Dec-30 07:52:00

----- Original Message ----

Hi Willy,

go to:
your panorama page
-> beneath the "upload..." button, click "configure flash display"
-> on that config page, click "show/hide advanced settings"
-> Pop-Up menu "Autorotate: currently 0"

It has +/- 3/6/9 degrees/sec spin speed to choose from. Actual speed depends on the CPU.

Note: This setting works via the flash plugin. I've not yet managed to tie the background processing (which creates the cubefaces and the MOV version) into this setting.
Basically: If you upload a JPEG, then the Flash-Display will autorotate according to that setting. The auto-created QTVRs from the JPEGs will not. If you want the QTVR to also spin, you'll need to upload a "home-made" QTVR with the appropriate effects tracks (which in turn might break if Apple decides to curb more features).

Unrelated news item: For the last few hours of the first timeframe, I've set the backend computer to check on and to process the incoming contributions every 20 minutes, unattended. Seems to work OK so far :)
Yes, I'm aware that it skips over creating some of the thumbnails. For now, that's "by design". They'll be there ... soon.

-Markus