Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2010-May-20 21:49:00
Subject:Re: The June 2010 WWP event ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The June 2010 WWP event ... Pat Swovelin 2010-May-20 21:49:00
On 5-20-2010 3:13 AM, prague's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
typed ...:
> AWESOME!

Thanks!

> Great theme!

Oh ... I thought you meant me.  Darn...

> Much better than previous themes I think.

It may be good but it's certainly not as filling as "Food."        =8^)

> Now I'm excited for this next WWP event!! :-)

There are LOTS of great shooting opportunities for everyone with this
theme.  I'm anxious to see what people submit.

Go for it!

> cheers
> jeffrey
>
> --- In #removed#, Pat Swovelin <panoramas@...> wrote:
>>
>> ... theme is "Forgotten Places." The open shooting period begins at
>> 00:01 on Saturday June 19th and ends at 24:00 on Sunday June 27th.
>> Those times are relative to the time zone the panorama is shot in. This
>> gives you 9 full days to shoot a forgotten place (insert lame memory
>> joke here).
>>
>> This event's essay was written by Berhnard Vogl. Thank you, Bernhard.
>>
>> Forgotten places exist everywhere, as a place in urban exploration, a
>> historic place or simply deep in your heart.
>>
>> To forget is an essential capability of our brain. Nearly everything we
>> learn and live to see is forgotten after awhile. Without being able to
>> forget, we all would drown in a flood of information -- not being able
>> to discern between dispensable and indispensable. Even mankind's
>> collective memory is prone to forget many things...
>>
>> All of those memories are connected to a certain place. You are invited
>> to rediscover such a place, shoot a panorama and tell us the story
>> behind it!
>>
>> Can't find a forgotten place? Maybe it is right under your nose!
>> -- Find reminders of history, e.g., WWI and WWII. Sometimes they are
>> huge like the flak towers that were built during the WWII Nazi regime --
>> but now are barely noticed by the local residents.
>> -- In the "Ruhrgebiet" in Germany -- or in Detroit in the U.S., large
>> industrial zones changed their face or perished.
>> -- Have you ever been curious about what happened to old tourist routes
>> after the tourists vanished or a highway was built nearby? Go visit
>> such a village and depict the changes!
>> -- Visit a subterranean place. Let the panorama tell about the Earth
>> millions of years ago -- or just your local subway station that hasn't
>> been renovated in years.
>> -- Go to the place where you grew up/went to school/worked your first
>> job!
>> -- Or just take the inward turn: Did you have a dream when you were
>> young? Did that dream come true? Unearth a forgotten place of your
>> childhood and tell us about it!

Pat Swovelin
World Wide Panorama Event Coordinator

Get out there and shoot some panoramas!