Sender:Bostjan Burger
Date/Time:2010-Dec-22 21:41:00
Subject:Re: Best of 2013 - The final WWP-Event?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Best of 2013 - The final WWP-Event? Bostjan Burger 2010-Dec-22 21:41:00
Carsten,

very descriptive graphics. I have been following the trend since the very
beginning. Let?s look at the very concrete example? I have educated at least
dozen of panographers and some of them are living from panography now. I had
invited all of them, not mentioning hundreds of students and other photographers
I now ? I gave a lecture of panography to my wife and my daughters. My wife is
even quite a frequent panographer. All of them participated only once or twice
and then they stopped. I asked them why? But they were busy making money of
panography or they didn?t get the right time to shot the panorama. For the Best
of events they considered that they don?t have enough quality or special
panorama even I told them that the superior panorama is not really necessary.
Some of panographers just said that they have no idea what to shot for the
specific event.  I think that the real reason of the decline of the
participation is that the time frame is so short ? usually only one week and
sometimes the lack of the ideas which can be realized in a given timeframe...
But the paradox is that we had extended the timeframe to almost two weeks and
the number of the participants declined even more. Anyway I think that the
number of hundred panographers for a one event was not as bad as every event was
unique?so the participation was kind of ?elite? as the panographers found the
idea and the time to realize it.
The WWP team is active all the time even it might no seem so.  Solstices and
equinoxes events are most probably going to be ?elite? as were so far?limited
with the time frame, but we are preparing the new implementations into the WWP
and we are preparing the background since two years ago? Don had mentioned the
all year events and events with the longer time frames in previous posts. So
don?t give up ?WWP seems to be in a recession but that is not very true.
Kind regards!
Bostjan