Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2013-Sep-22 19:47:00
Subject:Re: Mortality is DOA?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Mortality is DOA? Landis 2013-Sep-22 19:47:00
Open Photography is open for another week!

I'm planning on heading out on a bit of a walk today and taking a panorama of the new SF-Oakland Bay Bridge right next to the old one.  Originally opened in 1936 the old eastern span closed this year with the opening of a new one.  The old span "lived" for 77 years.

Kat went out and did some panos of the line outside a local Apple Store of people hoping to be among the first to pick up a new iPhone.  The lifespan of our electronic gear seems to be getting shorter and shorter.  I still have my first Nokia cell phone that I purchased in 1999.  Haven't fired it up in a while, but I'm betting it still works.  Still, I'll be joining that line for a new smartphone soon enough.

There are plenty of things that can fit in this theme besides the obvious ones.  Feel free to share your interpretation from your part of the globe.

-Landis