Sender:jes360guy
Date/Time:2004-Mar-22 20:51:00
Subject:RE to Magnus Enarsson

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE to Magnus Enarsson jes360guy 2004-Mar-22 20:51:00
Dear Magnus and others concerned,

Regarding: http://www.exophrenic.com/index3.html

454k, 640x380. Nikon D100, Sigma 8mm, 5 shots, Noise Reduction
> program, f/11 @ 6" to 1/50th sec., ISO 400, eight exposures each,
> multi-exposure-layered Photoshop image.

I don't shoot a down (nadir) unless it is a complicated pattern.
Actually, the most common needed is an extremely fine geometric
pattern. Others are easy to retouch. I use Helmut Dersch's panotools
plugins for photoshop to adjust the image's tilt to look up or down 90
and then retouch, and then insert the image
back into the normal view. The 5 shots are at 72,144,-144,-72,0 degrees
around the circle. With the Sigma, I shoot at an upward pitch of 3
degrees to fully capture the zenith (straight up), and shoot the nadir
if necessary. I shoot 5 because I need more smooth overlap and also
have to use a complicated action to even out light falloff (60% at the
edge)
of this Sigma 8mm lens. The most normal exposure is stitched first.
Subsequent exposures are substituted and stitched (with PTMac). The
results are layerd and combined. Takes about 3 hours.

Hope that helps,

John Schwarzell