Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Mar-12 01:19:00
Subject:Re: flash tracks

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: flash tracks Landis 2004-Mar-12 01:19:00
Sam,

I assume you mean that you want to put a flash track (like a button
or a logo) within the QTVR mov file that we'll host on the site?  If
this is the case that is definitely not a problem.  What we'll ask is
that any links from within your VR (such as URL-hotspots and flash
tracks) as well as links provided at the bottom open up a new browser
window.

You'll also have the opportunity to have a link or two at the bottom
of the page (see the sample page on
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp.html for a preliminary mock-up of
what the pages will look like).

What we're looking at is anything that can be contained wholly within
a QTVR mov file will be allowed as it won't change the technology
we're using (QuickTime plugin) and it won't interfere with the
browsing experience.  Other things like external sound files would be
wonderful, but more appropriate when using the external link and
hosted on your own site.

This weekend Don and I will be finalizing all the important details
and getting that information out to the group.

I hope this answers your question.

Landis

==