Sender:spinview
Date/Time:2004-Mar-26 14:37:00
Subject:Re: Help with WWP entry choice

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Help with WWP entry choice spinview 2004-Mar-26 14:37:00
I used QTVR Authoring Studio. My original stitched files are typically huge - this one was
88 MB (15313 pixels wide, 1984 pixels high). I've found that the stitching is more accurate
in QTVRAS when I feed it more data. No scientific basis for that opinion, just instinct.

My workflow: Stitch in QTVRAS, image editing/cleanup/cropping and color balancing with
the hi-res original .pict in Photoshop, resize to something more appropriate for "full-
screen" QTVR consumption (7680 pixels wide, 992 high), bring back into QTVRAS for
creation of the full-screen .mov file, finalize settings (including compression - typically
Photo JPEG). The only time I compress is in this final output stage. I open in QuickTime 4
Pro (don't ask) and flatten for cross-platform consumption. To create the smaller WWP
version, I'll be going back to my original .pict, resize even smaller, and go back to QTVRAS
for output of the smaller .mov file, bring back to QT4 Pro, flatten.

Debated sending this response to the list, since there are professionals here in our group
that do this for a living and know far more than I. I'm just a hobbyist in comparison! But
I've learned a lot by reading about others' workflow, so maybe this will help someone else.
I've learned from many of you veterans just by lurking over these past (six!) years on the
QTVR listserv. My thanks to you.

Victor, for your situation, my response probably doesn't help. One thought (bear in mind, I
never have used PanoCube)--are you feeding it the best color quality image? If PanoCube
is doing your compression and it's receiving an image that's already been compressed as
JPEG, maybe its causing enough deterioration to be apparent?

Regards,
   -Jim