Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2004-Jun-30 22:59:00
Subject:Re: Missing +/- buttons

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Missing +/- buttons Roger Howard 2004-Jun-30 22:59:00
On Jun 30, 2004, at 3:27 PM, Landis wrote:

>> I can provide an AppleScript that will scan a set of movies
>> (QuicktimeVR included) and dump a delimited report out with properties
>> like dimensions if it would help.
>>
>> -R
>>
>> PS, I'm hoping to have my submissions ready tomorrow - I was out of
>> town for a week following the solstice so lost that time, and have
>> been
>> slammed at the office since. I'm expected to provide a pano from the
>> North Rim of the Grand Canyon, though I also shot at Zion Canyon, as
>> well as the SpaceShipOne launch in Mojave.
>

> Re: SpaceShipOne
> I was SO close to going to that after my trip to Yosemite.  Would
> have made for a very long day though.  Still, I should have gone.
> Can't wait to see this one!

The pano opps were limited - the crowds were huge and light was low
(ship came out at about 6:20am - we were there since 1:30am)... but it
was fun!

> I'm good on the AppleScripts right now, but I appreciate it.  The
> time consuming thing is generally not a problem when people follow
> directions.  With your script I'd still have to compare it to the
> database.

Well since the script would be authoritative there'd be no need to
compare it - just use the values from the script, since you'd know they
were correct. It's always easier to trust programmatically derived data
than stuff manually entered... especially when it's about technical
properties that can easily be checked programmatically.

> If I look by hand, I might as well not use the script, if
> I make AS look thru the database, I'd have to code that.  I think
> we're good.  Thanks anyway.

No problem, just saw a possible need - next time I'd be more than happy
to help automate the entire process if you're interested. Let me know
how I can help if you need - scripts scale well, your time doesn't :)

-R