Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2004-Oct-05 06:29:00
Subject:Re: GPS and maps: Noticed some oddities..

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: GPS and maps: Noticed some oddities.. Markus Altendorff 2004-Oct-05 06:29:00
Carl von Einem said:

> in http://www.panoramas.de/panoramas/wwpmap/ the town of Essen has been
> moved to Southern France! ;-)
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp904/html/TomStriewisch.html
> Tom's GPS coordinates are correct for Essen:
> Lat: 51:26:24N (51.44) Lon: 7:00:14E (7.0039)

These are the ones i've got in my database, and in Safari, i see it near the
french-german-netherlands border, where i guess it should be. Odd... hopefully, this
isn't some browser/CSS issue i've overlooked. Are any other markers affected by
unexpected relocation or improbable coordinates? (My guess is that you'd notice it
first on the U.S. or European west coast if all the dots are in the ocean... ;-)

Next version will hopefully solve this... (less code, more pre-made images, maybe
even with close-ups :-) Landis is currently working on giving a GPS approximation
for the 59 panos with missing data.

Thanks for taking the time to check the map!

-Markus