Sender:brooksleffler
Date/Time:2004-Sep-26 15:42:00
Subject:Re: a newbie's story

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: a newbie's story brooksleffler 2004-Sep-26 15:42:00
--- In #removed#, Markus Altendorff <#removed#> wrote:

> big fan of aerial photography (though i never found the courage
> to strap an expensive camera to a bouncy unreliable concoction of
> sticks and rags

I haven't either up to this point, and I've been doing it for 12 years...
but I just bought a Nikon 8700 with FC-E9 so I'm committed to try it.

> As for the sharpness, i'm not sure if you're already compensating
> the color aberration, since i noticed some red/blue fringes e.g.
> on the window frames and the bushes in front of the houses?

I believe I ran it through LensFix, the PTMac plug-in -- but I may be
mistaken.  Good point.  I'm thinking from looking at the vast majority
of images in this forum that I need to use a less-wide lens and stitch
a lot more images.  But that's lots more difficult in the air.

Thanks, Markus!
brooks