Sender:Dave 360texas.com
Date/Time:2004-Oct-01 17:26:00
Subject:Re: Playing around with GPS-coordinates... More

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Playing around with GPS-coordinates... More Dave 360texas.com 2004-Oct-01 17:26:00
Here is the Coordinates for our bridge panorama "Paddock Viaduct
Bridge"  N32?.45' 34" by W97?.20' 5".  While the two coordinate sets
are not exactly precise.. they are close enough to the real location.

N 32.75933
W 97.33443

We use "Streets" for the decmial version and used a real GPS for the
coordinates shown on this page:

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp904/html/DaveandPatAlbright.html

Dave   @360Texas.com

--- In #removed#, "hel_sir" <#removed#> wrote:

> --- In #removed#, "Caroling" <#removed#> wrote:
> > This map is great. Thanks for it. I imagine you have to make a
table
> of coordinates, a
> > lot of work. Maybe if the input form asks for coordinates, it
could
> generate the script
> > for the global map page, automatically. That would be cool.
>
> As it uses a xml-file to store the information, it should be quite
> easy to extract it from a database if there are fields in the
input
> form for it. For my test I mostly used the ones which put their
> coordinates in decimal form (this is the format I need).
>
> I had a look at the documentation and there are quite nice
> capabilities, e.g. displaying diferent groups of targets (for each
> event a group?). So I'll give it a try over the weekend to show
more
> of it, so we can decide if it's useful for the wwp in some way.
>
> Will be again on http://www.rundumadum.at/test/globe/globetest.html
>
> Bernhard: Maybe it can be combined with your map? Giving an
overall
> look? I like the detailed view of your map, which the globe
> unfortunately lacks of.
>
> -Helmut
>

> > --- In #removed#, Helmut Schierer
<#removed#>