Sender:Walter Sistrunk
Date/Time:2004-Dec-29 18:52:00
Subject:Help with QuickTime Media Skins

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Help with QuickTime Media Skins Walter Sistrunk 2004-Dec-29 18:52:00
On 12/28/04 4:57 PM, "Landis" <#removed#> wrote:

> Reminder:
>
> Tomorrow, Wednesday 29 December, is the last day to upload or edit
> your WWP contribution pages.  You will have through at least midnight
> your time.
>
> If you need to request an account, please go to:
> http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/request_account.html
>
> To see the preview site:
> http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/view/wwp1204/index.html
>
> -----
>
> A couple brief notes:
>

> Profile Pages:
>
> * Consider uploading a portrait or at least an avatar to go with your
> profile - this will help with site consistency
> * Use the text blurb on your profile page to give some more
> information about yourself and include links in there if you want.
>

> Primary pano page:
>
> * The title (right below your name) is for a title of your panorama.
> Do not leave it untitled, and don't put your company/website name
> there.
> * Please add a caption that talks about why you chose this panorama
> as your 'Sanctuary' entry.  Captions should be in English, but you
> can use the 'Add Extra Text' link to add captions in alternate
> languages.  You can also add a story that talks about 'behind the
> scenes' for that particular shot.
> * We *need* to have geographic coordinates for your panorama.  This
> is how the map index works.  If you don't know the coordinates, try
> using http://www.multimap.com or post to this list and ask for help.
> * Make sure you enter the region of the world you're in.  If there's
> a gray circle at the top, you need to set your region (you set it in
> the gray box at the bottom of the page).
>

> If you have any technical questions, send them to
> #removed#  Any general questions should be sent to
> the WWP list (#removed#).
>
> -Landis

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12949o7gt/M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=grou
> ps/S=1705006496:HM/EXP=1104357477/A=2455396/R=0/SIG=119u9qmi7/*http://smallbus
> iness.yahoo.com/domains/>

> *
> * #removed#
> <mailto:#removed#?subject=Unsubscribe>
> *
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Group members/experts,
I have a question for anyone experienced with incorporating QuickTime Media
Skins in QTVR. I am following Apple?s instructions and using QuickTime Pro
but I am unable to get the .mov file to allow the ?Add Scaled? command and
insert the skin over the panorama. The ?Edit? tab is dimmed. Any ideas? I
have recreated the file in a number of different ways but continue to have
the same problem. Are Apple?s instructions wrong? I would like to use the
custom skin on this panorama.
Thanks,
Walter