Sender:LarrH
Date/Time:2005-Sep-07 14:30:00
Subject:Re: Fisheye for best quality spherical images on a Canon 350D?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Fisheye for best quality spherical images on a Canon 350D? LarrH 2005-Sep-07 14:30:00
Bengy is correct.  Using an 8mm FishEye is complicated ? initially but once
you get it down it?s fairly easy.  That being said.  You don?t NEED to
invest in one.  You can do just as well...  Using the 10-22mm shooting more
pictures.  If you intend to make spherical QTVRs just shoot more images.
First, a series parallel to horizon.  Then, a series looking either up or
down, followed by the reverse.  Then one each of straight up and straight
down.  You should then be able to import all the images into whatever
software you?re using (I use RealViz?s Stitcher ? for it?s simplicity) and
whamo you?re done.  No mucking about using Defish ? although it IS a nice
piece of software.

Larr.

From: benigno t toda III <#removed#>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:30:41 +0800
To: #removed#
Subject: Re: Fisheye for best quality spherical images on a Canon
350D?

dear simon it is a misnomer to use a fisheye ive tried it and it did
not line up  you need a program like defish to straghten the lines it
defeates the porpose. i now am using a 20 mm canonand getting about 8
shots for a simple 360 but with about 30 percent overlap bengy toda
On 09 7, 05, at 3:38 AM, Wheaton, Simon wrote:

> I bought a Canon 350D and Canon 10-22mm lens to take cylindrical
> panos for printing.
>
> I will need a fisheye for spericals with less shots per pano.
>
> What are the choices for the 350D, and which give best quality
> results?
>
> I guess the standard pick is the Sigma 8mm. I have heard that the
> Nikon 10.5mm can be used on the 350D, I guess with an adapter, how
> does it work and are there any issues in use, how does the quality
> compare to other options?
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> Canberra
> AUSTRALIA

> -
> This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also
> privileged.
> If you are not the intended recipient:
> Please notify the sender and delete all copies of this transmission
> along with any attachments immediately.
> You should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its
> contents to any other person.

> ~-->
> Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the
> Sweet Life.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/gWFolB/TM

------
The World-Wide Panorama

For more information:
-Visit the web site at http://GeoImages.Berkeley.edu/wwp.html

  Computer internet security
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+internet+security&w1=Computer+
internet+security&w2=Computer+internet+business&w3=Panorama&w4=Computer+inte
rnet+access&w5=Computer+internet+privacy+securities&w6=Computer+internet+hel
p&c=6&s=178&.sig=QQWTcsek9VZ>    Computer internet business
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+internet+business&w1=Computer+
internet+security&w2=Computer+internet+business&w3=Panorama&w4=Computer+inte
rnet+access&w5=Computer+internet+privacy+securities&w6=Computer+internet+hel
p&c=6&s=178&.sig=M5yqIOVNCe1>    Panorama
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Panorama&w1=Computer+internet+security&
w2=Computer+internet+business&w3=Panorama&w4=Computer+internet+access&w5=Com
puter+internet+privacy+securities&w6=Computer+internet+help&c=6&s=178&.sig=6
TOkji1JZBAaP5p91JmWYA>
  Computer internet access
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+internet+access&w1=Computer+in
ternet+security&w2=Computer+internet+business&w3=Panorama&w4=Computer+intern
et+access&w5=Computer+internet+privacy+securities&w6=Computer+internet+help&
c=6&s=178&.sig=chcicH_ZG2Ny7>    Computer internet privacy securities
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+internet+privacy+securities&w1
=Computer+internet+security&w2=Computer+internet+business&w3=Panorama&w4=Com
puter+internet+access&w5=Computer+internet+privacy+securities&w6=Computer+in
ternet+help&c=6&s=178&.sig=V>    Computer internet help
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+internet+help&w1=Computer+inte
rnet+security&w2=Computer+internet+business&w3=Panorama&w4=Computer+internet
+access&w5=Computer+internet+privacy+securities&w6=Computer+internet+help&c=
6&s=178&.sig=tKiRwmB_fCCEh_7>

 YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*
*  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
*  #removed#
<mailto:#removed#?subject=Unsubscribe>
*
*  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .