Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2005-Sep-11 12:27:00
Subject:Re: QT minumim download 32 MB?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QT minumim download 32 MB? Hans Nyberg 2005-Sep-11 12:27:00
On 11/9-2005, at 14.21, Erik Krause wrote:

> Hello,
>
> seems as if the minimum download of QuickTime is 32 MB now. If this
> is true, they must have gone completely mad at apple.com
>
> I suppose it's too late to go for a different viewer for the upcoming
> event...

I have just sent this to the Quicktime Feedback page.
Hans

------
Quicktime 7 is a catastrophy.
Increasing the download size from 11.7 mb to 32 mb is an insult against
people who have built a business based on Quicktime.

As one of the largest publishers of QTVR on the web I have to protest.
I can not even direct the users to a download of Quicktime 6.5.
The link to this is hidden behind several pages and when you finally
find it, IT DOES NOT WORK.
http://www.apple.com/support/quicktime/
The link directs you back to QT 7 download.

If you can not support us with a simple basic viewer for QTVR  I can no
longer support Quicktime as I done the last 4 years at panoramas.dk.
First you remove the possibillity of the basic installation and now
this.
Users are furious that they have to download a 32 mb viewer for
something that until  recently only required the basic 5 mb
installation.
Regards
Hans Nyberg
Creator of Panoramas.dk