Sender:Thomas Rauscher
Date/Time:2005-Oct-02 14:24:00
Subject:Re : Google Earth support for individual visits added

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re : Google Earth support for individual visits added Thomas Rauscher 2005-Oct-02 14:24:00
Hello Caroling,

on Sunday, October 2, 2005, 16:03:38 you wrote:

CG> What is a "placemark"? Why would I have one or more? If it is like a
CG> "bookmark" in a browser, how would one get set for me?

Every time the user clicks on the google earth link in your wwp page an
additional bookmark is created. If you already have a bookmark there
(like from the event bookmark list on the front page), you will get an
additional bookmark, without a link back to the wwp page.

I did this whole thing 6 months and 3 months ago and begged for help
from the wwp officials (you may remember) which I didn't get, so I
have to get all the data from the site, more or less by hand, and it
took 3 emails just to get an answer from Landis. I offered my help to
do this many times, but it seems, that its not wanted, so the only way
for me, is to help Markus to reinvent the wheel.

MfG,
     Thomas.