Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Mar-17 11:34:00
Subject:Re: so am I a member at WWP?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: so am I a member at WWP? Markus Altendorff 2006-Mar-17 11:34:00
> On Mar 17, 2006, at 11:11, darkfact95 wrote:
>
>> You mean register there?
>> http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/request_account.html
>>
>> I don't think so since there is "Already in the WWP?" check box. so
>> what are you talking about?

Ah, i guess this can be a bit confusing at first.

In short: There is...

A) this Yahoo group mailing list, which is managed by Yahoo Groups (obviously ;),
with its Yahoo username and password.

B) the event preparation server at Berkeley University, where the web pages are
made, which has a different (<-!) username and password. The check box "Already in
the WWP?" is merely for those that have forgotten their password. Unchecked means
"No, i'm new to the preparation server", checked means "Yes, i'm already present on
this server, just need my password reassigned".

So, since you're writing/reading on Yahoo Groups, part A) is OK. If you've filled in
/ submitted your information at the request_accoung page, then you should receive an
email "soon" (this is done by hand, so it varies - usually, it's just a few hours
delay until some admin looks and replies, but it may take a day or longer, depending
on holidays, weekends, time zones etc.)

- Markus