Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Jun-22 14:57:00
Subject:Re: wwpano Objectvr Specs

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: wwpano Objectvr Specs Caroling Geary 2006-Jun-22 14:57:00
Follow the directions on this page:
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html

Same dimensions and file sizes for objects or pano QTVRs.

When entering info on the preparation server, you declare a Movie
File Type, which you set to "object". Under the "what is this?" help
button, the popup screen says this:

Object
The viewing size will be set to maintain the aspect ratio of the
original file, i.e. it will be scaled to the lesser of the horizontal
and vertical scale.
Why
While panoramas by definition can not suffer from "distortion",
because the window size is just a "window" into the panoramic
photography, objects will show distortion, stretching or squashing,
if the aspect ratio of the original material is not honored.
To handle these two possibilities, you have to supply the necessary
information.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net