Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Jun-24 16:31:00
Subject:Re: Any Sugestions?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Any Sugestions? Hans Nyberg 2006-Jun-24 16:31:00
On 24/6-2006, at 18.13, Luis Benitez wrote:

>  My equirectangular image (TIF, 8 bit/channel, plenty of colors) has
>  5000x2500 pix (cube size 1592). I compress it with code Photo-JPEG,
> medium.
>  The result panorama VR has 3497 K. (?!)

I suppose you are referring to CubicConverter compression.

I can only guess that your panorama is very detailed and that your
original is larger with very good resolution.
You probably also has sharpened it too much.

Too much sharpen can increase the size with 50% if you have a very
detailed subject.
You may need to reduce cubefaces to 1300.
You can also go as far as to 40% compression depending on colors.
Hit CTRL when dragging the compression slider for easier setting.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi