Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2006-Jul-13 16:13:00
Subject:Re: Sigma 8mm

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sigma 8mm Uri Cogan 2006-Jul-13 16:13:00
Eric Anderson wrote:

> I read somewhere that the image
> from the Sigma 8mm on a Canon 20D is not centered. Is this true? What
> are the issues creating panoramas with the Sigma 8mm using PTGui? Is
> it easy to correct the lens with PTLens?

I used (and still have) a Sigma 8mm before switching to a Nikon 10.5mm
fisheye. It does not matter whether the image is centered on the
camera's sensor or not. On the Nikon D70 the top and bottom of the
circle are chopped off but that too does not matter as it actually helps
to avoid the circle's fringes where most chromatic aberration occures.
The lens is in my opinion reasonably sharp without too much flare, and I
had no trouble at all correcting and stitching its images in PTMac.  The
only reason I switched to the Nikon was that I could afford to do it :-)