Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Nov-01 16:34:00
Subject:Re: panocube for mac ....

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: panocube for mac .... Erik Krause 2006-Nov-01 16:34:00
On Tuesday, October 31, 2006 at 10:13, Roger Howard wrote:

> If I just want to convert an equirect in one step, without an interactive
> interface to control settings, then PanoCubePlus sounds like the way to go -
> for automated workflow. But as soon as the user needs to customize things on a
> per pano basis - whether it's the initial view state, the compression
> settings, etc - then they need a configuration interface. And I know many
> users would not consider a command line or batch file a superior interface for
> controlling the final appearance of visual content.

Could be this is nit-picking but it might sound as if panocube has no
possibility for per pano customization at all. This is not true.

I expect it to work on mac like it works on windows: You control it
by a simple text file which must be located in the same folder as
your pano - no need for command line or batch file (on windows it
doesn't even react to command line arguments - which I consider a
major drawback).

best regards
--
Erik Krause