Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Jan-03 19:57:00
Subject:Re: Comments

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Comments Pat Swovelin 2007-Jan-03 19:57:00
Wheaton, Simon wrote:
> Comments and rating are different things, I did not mention or ask for
> a ratings system.
>
> You don't have to have both.
>
> Ratings might turn it into some sort of competition, having only
> comments would not.
>
> I would like to read what people have to say about my panos, and to be
> able to leave comments about other contributors' panos.

Then then can write to you directly and you can write to the contributor
directly.  I've done that in both directions and it's great because, if
you choose to, you can get into a conversation with someone on the other
side of the planet from a possibly *very* different culture to find out
what they think not only about your pano but life both here and in their
country.  It's great and leads to the breaking down of the, sometimes
vast, political boundaries put up by our respective governments and you
can see that "they" are just the same as "us."

> Simon
> Canberra
> AUSTRALIA

Pat Swovelin