Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2007-Jan-05 12:21:00
Subject:Re: Comments

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Comments Erik Krause 2007-Jan-05 12:21:00
On Friday, January 05, 2007 at 9:29, #removed# wrote:

> How could the world better itself if there had not been "CONSTRUCTIVE
> CRITICISM / DIALOG" about something produce/created by someone?

This doesn't apply to the current discussion. It was ever possible to
get feedback and to discuss. There where numerous suggestions in this
thread how to accomplish that either here or in public.

There are situations where immediate critics is not appropriate even
in the real world. Think of a museum or an art exhibition. Usually
you don't have the possibility to express your opinion directly on or
beside the exposed object. You can sign a guestbook if you want but
that's all and it is pretty ok.

For me the WWP ever was inspiration and dialog enough - simply by
looking at others contributions.

If someone doesn't see himself what is better in others work he
probably is immune for critics as well. If someone is willing to
learn he should start to ask - not for public comments but for the
opinion of fellows he thinks can give him advise.

Public critics are often driven by mere politeness or - on the other
hand - resentment. Most of the time they are pretty worthless - as
can be seen on the different commented photo community sites.

I personally am a hundred times more grateful for a single critic by
someone I know he is straightforward *and* knowledgeable. And if such
a person compliments my work this is a thousand times more worth than
any public comment.

best regards
--
Erik Krause