Sender:Paul
Date/Time:2007-Jul-03 08:50:00
Subject:Re: Where in Amsterdam is the Rembrandt Statute????

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Where in Amsterdam is the Rembrandt Statute???? Paul 2007-Jul-03 08:50:00
Hi Disjo

Many thanks for the gps and good to see a different version of the
same place with different lighting and view point.

Was interesting to read about way and how it came to be, I will update
my text a little.

Have since worked out what happened to our gps data. for some reason
it has a global start point from which all other readings are
corrected by. So within its own system all the way points on the gps
are "correct" and relative to other points when using it on the
handheld. Its when you export it and use it globally that you find all
the way points are incorrect!!!

Not sure if there is an easy way to correct all the points from our
trip, will need to do some research on that. We were using an
earthmate bluetooth logger and collecting data via a palm650. The
software on the palm seems to be the issue :-(
Have since brought a Navman 40I which I take a photo of the pano
location with and it records the gps data beside the image for me. As
a bonus I can press the "GO" button and it gets me back to the same
spot...
Regards

Paul