Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2007-Sep-27 21:23:00
Subject:Re: Does this make sense?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Does this make sense? Caroling Geary 2007-Sep-27 21:23:00
On Sep 27, 2007, at 2:08 PM, Bj?rn K Nilssen wrote:

> How about that group of kite surfers - are they also sustained by
> their kites?

What is it about the kite surfers that is sustained? I mentioned
their joy. Without appropriate kite sails, the surfers could not
sustain their movement over the water. Is the kite the sail or the
whole boat-like vessel? A boat would sustain life at sea. I can't
find a sentence that uses the words in a way that makes me
comfortable. I can't see that I need a kite to sustain me in the same
sense that I need food to sustain me. The sustenance has to be
essential. Without  a kite I can still breathe and swim and have many
more basic needs than kite surfing. As I see it, the kite sustains
movement, sport, joy, perhaps entry into competition. It is essential
for kite surfing survival. Not for all of me. The kite sustains kite
surfing? Sounds awkward. I pass.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net