Sender:johndlvo
Date/Time:2008-Jun-03 06:38:00
Subject:Re: Discussion with ZKM's lawyer and next steps

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Discussion with ZKM's lawyer and next steps johndlvo 2008-Jun-03 06:38:00
--- In #removed#, "yuval_levy" <yahoo06@...> wrote:

> --- In #removed#, John Dobbins <jgdobb@> wrote:
> > I, for one, absolutely agree with you on this point Bruce.
>
> you and Bruce have signed up for the GoogleGroup that is based on
> <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/message/9713>
>
> You either agree with the above principles of negotiations or you
> "suggest that the full rigour of the law be applied" but you can't do
> both at the same time.

I am not suggesting doing both at the same time Yuv. It is a plan A (priority #1), plan B
(backup plan) kind of approach. I find no fault with fully exploring all of the available
options we can collectively and individually come up with (well, short of slashdotting, of
course). Plan A still comes first. My hat's off to you...please excuse the glare.

As I have responded on the google list; I enthusiastically support your 'friendly-
negotiations' approach and am a reasonable and patient man. I wait, listen, and encourage
a realistic and substantive dialog that will lead to a win-win solution for everyone with an
interest in seeing ZKM and the WWP continue in their respective purposes.

> unless you retract on this point within 24 hours, you are out of the
> GoogleGroup.

Do what you must. Do what you do best and truly believe in. If you prefer not to have my
participation-attendance on the google list I can live with that and get back to my other
interests. No apologize are necessary.

My comments stand as they are/were spoken. Tough to retract the data in this digital age,
hence we have this little problem to resolve about our collectively abused WWP image
rights, artist's rights.

I speak for myself and if my voice is unwelcome to you and others, please do whatever you
choose as far as 'your' list is concerned. I admire all the work you are putting into this,
particularly your negotiations efforts and will stay tuned for your progress reports, and
anything of substance that ZKM people, artists, directors, attorneys, etc. can manage to
come up with. In the meantime I will continue to explore any and all other options that
might serve as contingency plans for members of the WWP. Creative problem solving is a
tough habit to break.

> I can't negotiate if my position is continuously undermined. The
> GoogleGroup is for supporters only.

No one is undermining your efforts Yuv. We are all in this together and we all are entitled
to have eyes, ears, and a voice in this matter.

Keep up the good work man.

John