Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2008-Sep-17 17:36:00
Subject:Re: QuickTime 7.5.5 - an explanation

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QuickTime 7.5.5 - an explanation Uri Cogan 2008-Sep-17 17:36:00

Earlier I wrote:

> I wrote
> Panoscan about this problem. They may be able to offer some explanation.

Ted Chavalas of Panoscan responded:

Since the release of QuickTime 7.5.5 some features of QuickTime VR have
been disabled.  (Mainly sprite features)

We already have a re-authored version of this content with the issues
fixed.
However... we left the current example up for a few more days so that
the Apple Engineers can see the problem.

This is a major problem for QT 7.5.5.  It is possible that you may be
able to re-author your QTVR projects that have wired sprites...  But
from now on content with QuickTime sprite technology is not going to play.

It is a sad state of affairs.

You can complain here:  https://bugreport.apple.com