Sender:jeanb2005
Date/Time:2008-Sep-18 02:52:00
Subject:Re: QuickTime 7.5.5 - an explanation

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QuickTime 7.5.5 - an explanation jeanb2005 2008-Sep-18 02:52:00
--- In #removed#, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

> > Caroling Geary wrote:
> >

> > > For an example of the problem
> > > See: http://www.panoscan.com/TheCrime/Kitchen.mov
> > <http://www.panoscan.com/TheCrime/Kitchen.mov>
> >

> > > If you are using 7.5.5 for Mac or Windows the movie does not show.
> > >

> Earlier I wrote:
>

> > I wrote
> > Panoscan about this problem. They may be able to offer some
explanation.

> Ted Chavalas of Panoscan responded:
>

> Since the release of QuickTime 7.5.5 some features of QuickTime VR have
> been disabled.  (Mainly sprite features)
>
> We already have a re-authored version of this content with the issues
> fixed.
> However... we left the current example up for a few more days so that
> the Apple Engineers can see the problem.
>
> This is a major problem for QT 7.5.5.  It is possible that you may be
> able to re-author your QTVR projects that have wired sprites...  But
> from now on content with QuickTime sprite technology is not going to
play.

> It is a sad state of affairs.
>
> You can complain here:  https://bugreport.apple.com

I am also experiencing a problem with QT 7.5.5 Pro.

I am no longer able to add a simple control sprite (from:
http://homepage.mac.com/qt4web/sprites/items.html) to auto-rotate
cylindrical QTVR panoramas created with Panavue ImageAssembler 3.5.0.
This used to work perfectly before QT 7.5.5.; now the QT PRO interface
has changed and perhaps this is part of the problem.

Auto-rotating movies done previously with QT 6.5.2 PRO (not sure about
QT 7.0) play OK in web pages or in the QT stand-alone player. However,
when I open a QTVR movie sometimes I have to "wake-up" the player by
clicking one of the zoom buttons (or pressing the Shift or CTRL keys)
in order for the pan function to work interactively with the mouse.
Something is not working correctly here! I did not have this problem
before.

My system: Dell Inspiron 6000, 1.6 GHz Centrino, 2 GB RAM, Windows XP
Home, QuickTime 7.5.5 Pro, Panavue ImageAssembler 3.5.0.

Anyone else having this problem? Solutions anyone (other than going
back to QT 7 or 6.5.2?

Jean B.