Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2008-Nov-12 08:05:00
Subject:Re: Four years ago...and 90 after...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Four years ago...and 90 after... Uri Cogan 2008-Nov-12 08:05:00
Bostjan Burger wrote:

> WWP project is a project of the 'events'. It is exclusive in a matter
> of time limit and the suggested theme. Today it is a 90th anniversary
> of the end of WW1. Four years ago Mickael Therer organized a memorial
> event and a collaborative VR project 'The War to end all Wars' (click
> to see: http://mediapiculture.net/360days/index.php?id=40
> <http://mediapiculture.net/360days/index.php?id=40> ). It was
> exclusive with the access to the right location.

Yes, a wonderful project. Panoramic photography of war could help to
make war really unpopular, but only if we could include the smell...

Today was Remembrance Day. I shot a couple of panoramas during the
ceremony on our island, I used a tall (2.2m) home made monopod, so I did
not do nadir or zenith shots, just tilted the camera about 15 degrees
down (Nikon 10.5mm) .

Too tired now but I intend to load them up to my server sometime tomorrow.

Peace. Uri
http://www.uricogan.com