Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2008-Nov-14 09:28:00
Subject:Re: Four years ago...and 90 after...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Four years ago...and 90 after... Hans Nyberg 2008-Nov-14 09:28:00
On 14/11/2008, at 5.16, Uri Cogan wrote:

> I still need to discover how to get Pano2Vr to give me the same
> sharpness in Flash that I get from PanoConverter in QuickTime for a
> given output file size (2-3Mb).
>
> I'll appreciate any comments.
>
> http://www.uricogan.com/nov11

I checked this one
http://www.uricogan.com/nov11/cenotaph.html
and the flash version
http://www.uricogan.com/nov11/cenotaph_swf.html

I can see they are different but they also are of different size.
The QTVR is only 2,5 mb and the flash is 3.2

That does not make sense if you made both in Pano2VR with the same
settings.
You may have used different compressions  and perhaps also different
cubefaces,

I can not read the size of cubefaces from an swf so I can only see
the QTVR size.

I did a test on one of my own with same settings and even if I used
previews for the swf it was 0,1 smaller than the QTVR.
The swf was a little softer  in the viewer if you compared them side
by side  but it was hard to see the difference.

Perhaps you made the movie in CubicConverter.
Pano2VR standard interpolator is no good, You have to change to  the
best one in preferences.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>  Features Fullscreen QTVR from