Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2008-Nov-14 04:16:00
Subject:Re: Four years ago...and 90 after...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Four years ago...and 90 after... Uri Cogan 2008-Nov-14 04:16:00
Two days ago I wrote:

> Today was Remembrance Day. I shot a couple of panoramas during the
> ceremony on our island, I used a tall (2.2m) home made monopod, so I did
> not do nadir or zenith shots, just tilted the camera about 15 degrees
> down (Nikon 10.5mm) .
>
> Too tired now but I intend to load them up to my server sometime tomorrow.

Okay, these panoramas are out after a lot of manual correction work - I
am still learning how to use a tall monopod properly; ouch!  all these
stitching errors! It's fortunate that there was no need really for
zenith and nadir shots. It rained all the time while I was shooting. I
also got a bit emotional during the ceremony; I'm a veteran of several
wars, and I've lost lots of friends and relatives to that obscene
insanity called war.

I still need to discover how to get Pano2Vr to give me the same
sharpness in Flash that I get from PanoConverter in QuickTime for a
given output file size (2-3Mb).

I'll appreciate any comments.

http://www.uricogan.com/nov11

Uri